Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sweets on my mind

The holidays are over and the resolutions have been set - but my mind keeps drifting off (okay - speeding at 100mph) to sweets. Nothing in particular - just anything sweet. Could be chocolate, cookies, candy, cake... I can't stop thinking about them. It's proving to be quite challenging to get my work done, not to mention that it's blowing a major hole in my "get healthy in 2011" plan!

Here is a painting I did a while back showing what's on my mind. I was inspired by the artist Wayne Thiebaud and his amazing use of color.
If only they tasted as good as they look!

2 comments:

  1. amazing. given me inspiration for my art. how long did this take you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a three day project - though I do not recall how many hours. I was inspired by Wayne Thiebaud. Happy Painting!

      Delete